The implementation of the African Union Agenda 2063 comes with Legal and regulatory challenges in emerging economies such as Africa. The various legal and energy frameworks meet rapidly evolving energy sector developments and power sector reforms. These challenges obviously impact how the regulatory authorities react to the changes. The seminar therefore reviews the continental aspects of the policies and examines the impact on the national regulatory authorities’ decisions and their regulatory practice.
The participants will get an understanding of tools for regulation, how to deal with non-compliance as well design an efficient focussed market surveillance.
- Deliberating on Africa’s Agenda 2063 and SDGs on energy; The Africa We Want.
- Navigating the Uncertain Energy Landscape:
- The legal and Regulatory Challenges and what does it mean for National Regulatory Authorities
- Impact of the decisions taken by the regulators and legal recourse
- Policies and pathways for energy transition in Africa
- Create stable, transparent and predictable environment to attract investments
- Insight-driven decision making